Whilst the Geek has been sorting out her “review to do list” I was over at Zoe’s blog reading her top ten movie crushes. There were some great choices although Hayden Christensen was pushing it – sorry Zoe 🙂
I never thought I would do a list like this, because it’s not everyday you admit your crushes! But what the hell, let’s do this.
10) Eddie Murphy in Coming to America
As an African, watching Coming to America as a young kid, Eddie Murphy playing Prince Akeem was the only acceptable man your parents would have been proud of! Brilliant comedy performance from Eddie Murphy who showed heart rather than wealth is more attractive.
9) Matt Damon in The Bourne Supremacy
8) Mark Ruffalo in Shutter Island
I love Mark Ruffalo and could watch him in anything. He is an underrated actor and enjoy his versatility. He can be geeky or shy – it really doesn’t matter. When it comes to Shutter Island, there is something about his look that suits the classic period very well.
7) Ryan Gosling in Drive
6) Denzel Washington in Devil in a Blue Dress
5) Will Smith in I, Robot
4) Robert Downey Jr. in Iron Man 1-3
3) Idris Elba in Luther
Ok, I massively cheated here because Idris as DCI John Luther is a TV character but there are rumours that will put on the coat once again for a Luther movie (and I would be first in line to see it). Idris is a handsome fella though and Luther is his best role. A character that is intelligent and full of heart yet attracts the psychopaths. If anyone can keep the demons at bay, always bet on Luther. But if you want me to give this list some credibility, then his performance in Pacific Rim or Thor: The Dark World gets the nod.
2) Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones
1) Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson in…anything.
I love the way he smiles…that’s all I need. EMBRACE HIS SMILE – EMBRACE IT!
Other notable mentions:
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Inception
- Viggo Mortensen in Lord of the Rings Trilogy
- Jake Gyllenhaal in Source Code/End of Watch
- Vin Diesel in Pitch Black